Chairman of Sudan's Sovereignty Council: Welcome all peace initiatives aimed at resolving crisis
2024-08-13
한어Русский языкEnglishFrançaisIndonesianSanskrit日本語DeutschPortuguêsΕλληνικάespañolItalianoSuomalainenLatina
On August 12, local time, Burhan, Chairman of Sudan’s Sovereignty Council and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, held talks with Rwandan President Kagame in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda.The Sudanese government welcomes and actively responds to all peace initiatives aimed at resolving the Sudan crisis.。
Burhan said that the Sudanese government is committed to achieving a just and lasting peace and safeguarding the interests and dignity of the Sudanese people. He also accused Sudan's Rapid Support Forces of failing to implement the Jeddah Declaration previously signed by the two parties to the Sudanese conflict. However, Burhan did not specify whether the Sudanese government would participate in the upcoming ceasefire talks on the Sudanese armed conflict in Geneva, Switzerland.
On April 15, 2023, an armed conflict broke out between the Sudanese Armed Forces and the Rapid Support Forces in the capital Khartoum, which then spread to other areas and continues to this day. At the end of July this year, the United States invited the conflicting parties in Sudan to hold ceasefire negotiations in Geneva, Switzerland from August 14. The Sudanese government said on August 11 that Sudan’s consultations with the United States on the Geneva ceasefire negotiations ended in failure. The Sudanese leadership will make a final decision on whether to participate in the negotiations after evaluation. (CCTV reporter Zhao Yuanfang)