2024-08-12
한어Русский языкEnglishFrançaisIndonesianSanskrit日本語DeutschPortuguêsΕλληνικάespañolItalianoSuomalainenLatina
More news on the Russia-Ukraine conflict!
On the evening of August 12, Russian President Vladimir Putin held a meeting on the situation in Kursk Oblast. Putin said that Ukraine was trying to gain more bargaining chips for negotiations by launching an attack on Kursk Oblast. Putin said, "The enemy will be counterattacked as it deserves, and all the goals facing Russia will be achieved."
On the same day, the acting governor of Russia's Kursk Oblast reported to Putin that a total of 28 settlements and about 2,000 people in Kursk Oblast were controlled by the Ukrainian army.
According to the Austrian newspaper "News" website on August 11, the Ukrainian army expanded its offensive in Russia's Kursk Oblast over the weekend. The report said that the Ukrainian army's troops participating in the war were obviously much larger than people had previously expected. Now it is said that there are at least 6 to 8 brigades or part of them. A US source claimed that the number of Ukrainian troops participating in the war was more than 10,000 or 12,000.
Putin's latest statement
According to a report by the Russian Satellite News Agency on the evening of the 12th, Russian President Vladimir Putin held a meeting on the situation in Kursk Oblast. Putin said that Kiev is trying to improve its future negotiating position through the actions of Kursk Oblast. Putin said, "The West is fighting Russia with the help of Ukrainians, and the enemy is carrying out the wishes of its Western masters."
"The primary task facing the Ministry of Defense is undoubtedly to drive the enemy out of our territory, to expel it, and to ensure reliable protection of the state borders together with the border guards," Putin said.