2024-08-13
한어Русский языкEnglishFrançaisIndonesianSanskrit日本語DeutschPortuguêsΕλληνικάespañolItalianoSuomalainenLatina
Russian President Vladimir Putin. Visual China file photo
Xinhua News Agency, Moscow, August 12: Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting on the situation on Russia's southern border on the 12th that Russia will resolutely respond to a series of provocations by Ukraine in the border area.
Putin stressed at the meeting that Russia will assess the situation in the Russian-Ukrainian border area, and that expelling Ukraine from Russian territory and effectively defending the border area are the current top priorities.
Acting Kursk Oblast Governor Smirnov said at the meeting that the Ukrainian army's attack on the state has killed 12 people and injured 121 people, including 10 children. The Ukrainian army currently controls 28 settlements in the state, and the situation of about 2,000 people living in these settlements is unknown. Currently, about 121,000 people in the state have been evacuated.
The Russian Ministry of Defense reported on the 12th that in the past day and night, the Russian army repelled seven rounds of Ukrainian attacks in the Kursk direction, thwarting the enemy's mobile group's attempt to break through and penetrate deep into Russian territory. The Ukrainian army lost 260 people and 31 armored vehicles in the Kursk direction.
TASS quoted the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations on the 12th as saying that more than 180 tons of humanitarian aid had been delivered to Kursk Oblast. More than 370 temporary settlements in 54 regions of the Russian Federation were ready to receive residents of the border areas of Kursk Oblast. As of the morning of the 12th, 100 temporary settlements in seven regions had accommodated 7,000 people, including more than 2,000 children.