news

sichuan provincial party committee: yang kening and cui baohua were investigated and punished successively, and the lesson was extremely profound

2024-08-31

한어Русский языкEnglishFrançaisIndonesianSanskrit日本語DeutschPortuguêsΕλληνικάespañolItalianoSuomalainenLatina

editor: gao yuyang

sichuan provincial government website released the news:recently, the standing committee of the provincial party committee held a meeting to inform the central commission for discipline inspection and the national supervisory commission of their decision to conduct a disciplinary review and supervisory investigation into cui baohua for suspected serious violations of discipline and law.provincial party secretary wang xiaohui presided over the meeting and delivered a speech. the comrades attending the meeting made speeches.they unanimously expressed their firm support for the party central committee’s decision to conduct disciplinary review and supervisory investigation into cui baohua.

the meeting pointed out that the investigation by the central commission for discipline inspection and the national supervisory commission into cui baohua's suspected serious violations of discipline and law fully demonstrated our party's consistent position of adhering to the anti-corruption principle of no forbidden zones, full coverage and zero tolerance.it sends a strong signal that retirement is not a safe landing and that once corrupt, one will be held accountable for life; it demonstrates the party central committee's firm determination to carry out comprehensive and strict governance of the party to the end.party organizations at all levels and the majority of party members and cadres in the province must firmly implement the principle of comprehensive and strict party governance.consciously take cui baohua's suspected serious violations of discipline and law as a mirror, constantly improve party spirit and the ability to resist corruption and prevent degeneration, resolutely fight against all violations of discipline and law, firmly support the "two establishments" and resolutely implement the "two safeguards" with practical actions.

the meeting pointed out that we must persist in using cases to clarify discipline and carry out discipline education on a regular and long-term basis. the party's discipline is not only a "yardstick" for the words and deeds of party members and cadres, but also a "ruler" for managing and governing the party.since last year, two provincial-level officials, yang kening and cui baohua, have been investigated and punished. the lesson is extremely profound, warning us that we must not relax for a moment in strengthening discipline education.we must do a good job in studying and educating party disciplines from beginning to end, actively explore effective ways to regularize and institutionalize discipline education, urge party members and cadres to thoroughly study and understand general secretary xi jinping’s important expositions on comprehensively strengthening the party’s discipline, deepen the study and practice of the disciplinary sanctions regulations, frequently use party rules and regulations to examine and correct oneself, truly engrave compliance with rules and regulations in their hearts, internalize them into a code of conduct that they use every day without realizing it, and always be loyal, clean, and responsible.

the meeting pointed out that we must adhere to the principle of clarifying the law through cases and consciously exercise power in accordance with the rule of law.a large number of cases have shown that serious violations of discipline and laws are often related to the abuse of power.leading cadres at all levels, especially provincial-level leading cadres, must firmly establish correct views on power, status, and interests, constantly sound the ideological alarm, always maintain a sense of awe, and cultivate the ethics of governing, and always use power fairly, in accordance with the law, for the people, and with integrity.we must take the lead in creating a good atmosphere where we do things according to the law and solve problems with the law. we must insist on using the rule of law thinking when planning our work, consciously use the rule of law methods to deal with problems, and first consider whether what we say and do is in compliance with discipline and law, and resolutely prevent arbitrary and abused actions.

the central commission for discipline inspection and the national supervisory commission announced on august 27: cui baohua, former deputy secretary of the party leadership group and vice chairman of the sichuan provincial committee of the chinese people's political consultative conference, is suspected of serious violations of discipline and laws and is currently undergoing disciplinary review and supervision investigation by the central commission for discipline inspection and the national supervisory commission.

cui baohua worked in the former ministry of personnel and served as deputy director of the general office of the former ministry of personnel. in 2003, cui baohua went to work in sichuan and served as deputy secretary and mayor of meishan municipal party committee and secretary of suining municipal party committee. in january 2013, he served as vice chairman of the sichuan provincial committee of the chinese people's political consultative conference and director of the united front work department of the sichuan provincial party committee. in may 2015, cui baohua served as member of the standing committee of the sichuan provincial party committee and director of the united front work department of the provincial party committee. in january 2017, he served as vice chairman of the sichuan provincial committee of the chinese people's political consultative conference.

in january 2022, i resigned due to my age limit. the 17th meeting of the standing committee of the 12th sichuan provincial committee of the cppcc deliberated and approved that cui baohua would no longer serve as the vice chairman and member of the 12th sichuan provincial committee of the cppcc.

yang kening, who was "named" together with cui baohua, was formerly a member of the party leadership group and vice chairman of the sichuan provincial committee of the chinese people's political consultative conference. he was dismissed in november 2023. in may this year, yang kening was expelled from the party and removed from office. the notice pointed out that he implemented the major decisions and arrangements of the party central committee at a discount, was lazy and negligent in government affairs, took the initiative to "lie flat", engaged in speculation and seeking personal gain, and made friends with political swindlers; he used his power to make profits for his son's business and engaged in power-for-sex transactions; his family tradition was not right and his morals were corrupt; he engaged in power-for-money transactions.

information| sichuan news, central commission for discipline inspection and national supervisory commission website, etc.